We offer individual, family, and group therapy both in person and via telehealth. We follow CDC and MN Department of Health guidelines to minimize the risk of spreading infection. Guidance can change, and we monitor these sources regularly. As of November 2021 we are following, and request that you follow the guidance below, which is based on
If you have knowingly been in close contact (exposure), which means being less than 6 feet from someone for 15 minutes or more over a 24-hour period:
If you are not fully vaccinated
- Stay home and away from others (quarantine) and wear a mask if other people are around.
- Get tested immediately. If the test is negative, test again five to seven days after the last time you were close to the person with COVID-19. If you are considering a shortened quarantine period of seven days, your second test must be a PCR test that occurs at least five full days after your last exposure. You should also follow the list of considerations below (Under certain conditions and a negative COVID-19 PCR test: 7-day quarantine).
- Watch for symptoms for 14 days. If you start to have any symptoms, get tested again right away.
- If you test positive or start to have symptoms, follow the recommendations on If You Are Sick or Test Positive.
If you are fully vaccinated
- Get tested five to seven days after exposure.
- Wear a mask in public, indoor settings for 14 days following exposure or until you receive a negative test result.
- Consider wearing a mask at home for 14 days or until you receive a negative test result if you live with someone who is immunocompromised, at increased risk of severe disease, or unvaccinated.
- You do not need to quarantine if you do not have any symptoms of COVID-19. You should watch for symptoms for 14 days.
- If you start to have any symptoms, stay home and away from others immediately (isolate), get tested again, and follow other recommendations on If You Are Sick or Test Positive.
We encourage all clients to self monitor for symptoms of illness and to cancel appointments when experiencing any of the common symptoms of COVID-19, influenza, or other infectious diseases. All late cancel fees for these reasons will be waived.